European Space Astronomy Center (ESAC/ESA)
Camino Bajo del Castillo, s/n., Urb. Villafranca del Castillo,
28692 Villanueva de la Cañada, Madrid, Spain
Getting to ESAC
FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE FOR THE WORKSHOP
There is no public transport to ESAC. The closet bus-stop is 2.5 kms from the entrance. We will provide a shuttle service between Madrid and ESAC.
A bus will shuttle the registered attendees for free between Madrid and ESAC during the two days of the workshop. The meeting point for the bus will be:
Calle Arcipreste de Hita, 10,
The details of the bus service offered for the workshop are:
- September 24th – 08:00 Departure from Hotel Moncloa EXE, Madrid to ESAC
- September 24th – 18:00 Departure from ESAC to Hotel Moncloa EXE, Madrid
- September 25th – 08:00 Departure from Hotel Moncloa EXE, Madrid to ESAC
A bus service will be also offered at the end of the workshop. The destination will be either the Madrid Airport or Madrid and it will be decided according to the preference indicated by the majority during the registration.
- September 25th – 17:15 Departure from ESAC
GETTING TO ESAC BY CAR
Please have a look here for instructions on how to get to ESAC.
The Madrid-Barajas Adolfo Suárez Airport is connected to Madrid centre via underground and bus. The details of the underground and bus lines are available in the airport website:
These are hotels that ESA has often used:
- Hotel Moncloa Exe Madrid: http://www.exehotels.co.uk/exe-moncloa.html
- Leonardo Hoteles Madrid City Center: https://www.leonardo-hotels.com/leonardo-hotel-madrid-city-center
- NH-hotels in Madrid: https://www.nh-hoteles.es/hoteles/madrid
Other useful links:
- Best budget hotels in Madrid:
- Where to stay in Madrid: https://www.introducingmadrid.com/where-to-stay